In this episode we meet the entrepreneur Halim Madi, who wrote and published his first book of poetry at the age of 17. He owns two businesses. He co-owns Birdback, a company which has a leading platform for connecting online offers to offline transactions using card linked offers. Think, using only one of your bankcards, which allows you to get discount incentives whilst shopping at a variety of stores. He is also the brainchild and chief owner of Nanominded.
As well as being an entrepreneur, Halim is a thought leader; and has been a speaker at TED events in multi-countries, including France and London. One of his recent talks was on happiness. He is certainly a go-getter!
In this episode Halim shares:
- 2:18: What is nano-economics. A lesson that was learnt via the 2007 credit crisis on how we are more evolved than just being rational beings. Teaser quote: ‘We share emotions and our hopes for the future”
- 6:43: Where was his entrepreneurial spirit was born? ‘The need to seize an opportunity when you see it”
- 9:13: What ‘E’ word initially drove him to become a go-getter. Teaser quote: “why not me?”
- 11:33: The ‘L” word, lessons. Teaser: Being curious.
- 19:30 Lifestyle balances. Teaser Quote: “How we live our days, is how we live our lives”. Bonus tips on how he structures his days, including how he ends a day on a positive note.
- 23:00: How he describes a go-getter in 3 steps. 1. Curious 2. Be a doer 3. Opportunistic
- 25:00: Tips to deal with making those difficult decisions. Teaser Quote: “Factoring out social knowledge”
- 27:47: Ideas for wanting to get started with a new idea.
- 28:42: What is his word for the year.
- 31:31: The value of acceptance in dealing with challenges.
- 33:40: His book, Reprise or Recrise?
- 38:20: His go-getter tip, the value of uncertainty and a movie that has recently inspired him. Teaser Quote: “Life is a playground, where you can create your own story”.
Go-Getter articles that Halim recommends:
How you can connect to Halim
Website HQ – http://nanominded.com/
email – email@example.com
Twitter – https://twitter.com/madihg
You can subscribe to the Go-Getter Me show and listen to it in iTunes or Stitcher
- The Go-Getter Me podcast show is now live on iTunes and Stitcher. Scroll down to listen to the interview with Halim Madi.
If you enjoy the podcast, why not leave a rating? I’d really appreciate it.
READY, STEADY, PRESS THE PLAY BUTTON BELOW TO LISTEN NOW